SSH Missing

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
dan_j

SSH Missing

Post by dan_j » Wed 28 Jun 2017 14:12

Hi,

I bought LinqConnect Pro after using the trial. The trial expired without me realising and I urgently need to get back to work. I placed an order yesterday after discussing things with the sales live chat. It took a few hours for the order to come through.

Once installed, I got an error saying that the protocol was incorrect. I couldn't connect so I checked the protocol and SSH was missing from the protocols. I have to connect to the mysql server using SSH and it worked fine in the trial version.

I immediately queried this with the sales live chat who told me that I had to send an email to support. I wasn't too impressed with that.

However, I'm even more disappointed that after 24 hours, I've received no response from support.

It's like they've shut down for the day and don't care for their customers.

I'm so disappointed with my purchase and the way I've been treated.

Can anyone answer why SSH is missing?
Can anyone recommend an alternative product? DevArt are useless.

Many thanks
Dan

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: SSH Missing

Post by Shalex » Thu 29 Jun 2017 06:21

dan_j wrote:I couldn't connect so I checked the protocol and SSH was missing from the protocols. I have to connect to the mysql server using SSH and it worked fine in the trial version.
LinqConnect Professional includes the Express editions of our dotConnect providers (e.g., dotConnect for MySQL). Express edition of dotConnect for MySQL bundled with LinqConnect provides basic connectivity features: https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/editions.html. To be able to work with the specific options of the provider (SSH, etc.) it is necessary:
a) either to install additionally the Standard of dotConnect for MySQL
b) or use dotConnect for MySQL Professional (in this case LinqConnect as a separate product is not required)
dan_j wrote:However, I'm even more disappointed that after 24 hours, I've received no response from support.
Our support has a two business day response policy: https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql ... pport.html.