Random Sporadic Errors - Input string was not in a correct format

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
glenf

Random Sporadic Errors - Input string was not in a correct format

Post by glenf » Fri 06 Jan 2017 14:24

Hi,

Devart LinqConnect version: 4.5.921.0

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. We have an API website running using Devart LinqConnect and every few weeks / months IIS gets in a twist and starts throwing errors. Restarting the app pool solves the problem but there's no telling if / when it will reappear. The stack trace for the errors is shown below, I'm hoping you might have seen this issue before and that it's fixed in a more recent version?

Error at:System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
at Devart.Common.ah.v(Byte[] A_0, Int32 A_1, Int32 A_2)
at Devart.Common.ah.an(Byte[] A_0, Int32 A_1, Int32 A_2)
at MaterializeBroadcast(MaterializerScope )
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.EntityReader`3.a()
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.ObjectReader`1.a(T& A_0)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.ObjectReader`1.c()

Thanks in advance!

Glen

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Random Sporadic Errors - Input string was not in a correct format

Post by Shalex » Tue 10 Jan 2017 11:04

Basing on your call stack, the scenario could be the following: your code retrieves data from some table, one of its string fields in database is mapped to the System.Double property in LinqConnect model, provider tries to cast string to System.Double but fails because data is not actually a System.Double.

If that is not a case, please try to localize the issue and send us a small complete test project with the corresponding DDL/DML script for reproducing the issue.

In case of >2MB attachment, we recommend either using some file exchange server (send us the corresponding link) or uploading a test project to our FTP server (the credentials will be provided by email request).

silvinus42

Post by silvinus42 » Tue 27 Jun 2017 12:36

Hi all,

I have the same issue but it's really complicated to reproduced it in a small project.
Have you got more informations about it ?

Thank's for your answer

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 30 Jun 2017 17:40

We still cannot reproduce the issue in our environment. More information about test case for reproducing will be appreciated. A similar discussion: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35080#p123872.

dcoracle600pro

Post by dcoracle600pro » Fri 08 Jun 2018 07:54

I have this problem too.
In december 2017, I upgraded my version of devart to 9.4.299 (A fix was present in this release for LinqConnect issues) but it is still here.

I open Visual studio 2010. I launch my application and all working !
I stop my debugging, I compile/recompile my program again, I relaunch it, and this issue appears.

In my case, the problem is always on a DateTime properties (TIMESTAMP(6) NOT NULL in my Oracle database).
The framework installed is 4.7.02053.
The framework used on my application is 4.5.

I would like to precise too, that this issue appears in production environnement (application installed and download with clickonce).

https://www.noelshack.com/2018-23-5-152 ... 094335.jpg

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 12 Jun 2018 19:51

1. Please contact us and provide a test project so that we can reproduce the issue in our environment.

2. Also specify your:
a) connection string (roughly, without credentials)
b) the version and capacity (x86 or x64) of your Oracle Server
c) the version and capacity of your Oracle Client if used