InsertOnSubmit and SQL Server Compact 3.5

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
poloombard

InsertOnSubmit and SQL Server Compact 3.5

Post by poloombard » Tue 22 Sep 2015 22:17

Hi All,
I'm trying Entity Developer 5.8 (for now the express one).
Creating model from database, that is an SQL Server Compact 3.5, everything seems good.
I Have a entity key that is COMPANYID (guid) and other fields, all nullable.
When i run this code:

Code: Select all

LocalDBDataContext ctx = new LocalDBDataContext();
COMPANY company = new COMPANY()
{
        COMPANYID = Guid.NewGuid(),
	NAME = "CompanyName"
};
ctx.COMPANIES.InsertOnSubmit(company);
ctx.SubmitChanges();
I receive an error that says
Parameterized query 'INSERT INTO T_COMPANY (COMPANYID, NAME, INTERNALCODE) VALUES (@p1, @p2, @p3)' expects a parameter value which was not supplied. Parameter name: p3
dbMonitor show a p3 parameter with DataType: String and In Value: NULL (that seems right for me).
Any idea ?
Thanks

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: InsertOnSubmit and SQL Server Compact 3.5

Post by MariiaI » Wed 23 Sep 2015 11:27

Thank you for the report on this. We have reproduced this issue, it is specific for SQL Server Compact Edition. We will investigate it more clearly and inform you about the results as soon as possible.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: InsertOnSubmit and SQL Server Compact 3.5

Post by MariiaI » Mon 05 Oct 2015 07:25

The bug related to the "Parameterized query expects a parameter value which was not supplied" error when working with SQL Server Compact is fixed.

New build of LinqConnect 4.5.844 is available!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/linqconnect/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32580.