Have Professional edition will the Metro edition install on same machine as well?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
ashlar64

Have Professional edition will the Metro edition install on same machine as well?

Post by ashlar64 » Sat 16 Aug 2014 04:38

Hello,

I have a purchased copy of the Profession edition. I am wondering if I get a demo (or purchase) the Metro version will both the Profession version and the Metro version work on the same machine without any problems?

I rather wish the Professional version allowed you to make Window store apps...kinda annoying that it doesn't.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Have Professional edition will the Metro edition install on same machine as well?

Post by MariiaI » Tue 19 Aug 2014 05:13

Yes, you can install LinqConnect Professional and LinqConnect for Metro on the same computer, but make sure you are installing the compatible versions (the releases from the same date are compatible). LinqConnect for Metro is a fully-functional ORM solution specially for the Windows 8 Metro platform. LinqConnect Professional can't be used for Metro style applications.

If you encounter any issues with this, feel free to contact us.

ashlar64

Re: Have Professional edition will the Metro edition install on same machine as well?

Post by ashlar64 » Tue 19 Aug 2014 13:28

Hello Mariial,

So I could install the trial version of Metro alongside the Professional version?

Also if I decide to purchase the Metro version will I have any issue moving my model from the Pro version to the Metro version?

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Thu 21 Aug 2014 08:16

So I could install the trial version of Metro alongside the Professional version?
Yes.
Also if I decide to purchase the Metro version will I have any issue moving my model from the Pro version to the Metro version?
You will need to add an existing model to your Windows store application, add new template to this model, generate the code, etc..
For more information about working with LinqConnect for Metro please refer to:
http://blogs.devart.com/dotconnect/linq ... guide.html

If you encounter any issues with this, feel free to contact us.