Linqconnect, SQLServer, is very slow

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
Gomam

Linqconnect, SQLServer, is very slow

Post by Gomam » Fri 08 Aug 2014 09:50

I am using the last version of Linqconnect, 4.4.553.0, in a huge application. Is there any way to speed up the performance of the queries, by sending hints or any thing else to imporove the excution plan of SQL

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Linqconnect, SQLServer, is very slow

Post by MariiaI » Tue 12 Aug 2014 09:26

Please refer to this topic in the LinqConnect documentation.
If this information doesn't help or you have any further questions, please contact us with the additional information regarding your application (e.g., specify the queries, the definitions of the DataContext and entity classes, the DDL/DML scripts for the corresponding database tables, etc.).

Gomam

Post by Gomam » Tue 12 Aug 2014 14:10

Thanks for you answer

I have already read the documentation of Devart about the performance, and it is not what i need.

Devart has optimizer hints in dotConnect oracle, do you have something like this voor dotConnect SQLServer or in Linqconnect

Thanks again

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Wed 13 Aug 2014 13:20

Devart has optimizer hints in dotConnect oracle, do you have something like this voor dotConnect SQLServer or in Linqconnect
No, there is no such support in LinqConnect.
However, you can create a special stored procedure in your database, which will execute the necessary SQL queries more effectively and return the result set. This stored procedure can be added to your LinqConnect model and you can use the corresponding method in your application.

For more information about working with stored procedures and LinqConnect, please refer to http://www.devart.com/linqconnect/docs/ ... tines.html