DataContext can not be resolved

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
Carl88

DataContext can not be resolved

Post by Carl88 » Tue 08 Apr 2014 19:35

Hi,

I installed the lastest express version of Linqconnect and created two DataContexts for Oracle/MySql; however, non of them can be recognized/resolved by c# codes. Is there anything else I need to do in order for them to work?

I am using Visual Studio premium 2012

Thanks

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: DataContext can not be resolved

Post by MariiaI » Wed 09 Apr 2014 10:59

however, non of them can be recognized/resolved by c# codes.
Could you please specify this issue in more details. For example:
1) Whether the code for these models is generated, i.e. whether the *.Designer.cs files are available in your project? The code is automatically generated when you save the model if one of the available templates is available for the model - expand the Templates node in Model Explorer - there should be at least one template, e.g. 'LinqConnect'.
If there is no template, please do the following steps (for both models):
- open Model Explorer;
- select "New Template" from the shortcut menu of the "Templates" node and then select the "LinqConnect" template;
- save changes to generate the code for model.

2) What exactly errors/warnings you are getting; specify their full texts.

Also, you can send us your sample project so that we are able to investigate the issue in more details and find a solution for you.

Carl88

Post by Carl88 » Wed 09 Apr 2014 17:45

Thanks for the help.

I tried the things you suggested, did some cleanup and reinstalling. It now works fine. I guess the issue was that I installed the old version first and tried to install new version. Somehow, somewhere went wrong. I am glad that I can use it now. :D

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Thu 10 Apr 2014 05:08

Glad to see that the issue was resolved. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.