Linq Connect bug in version 7.3 of LinqConnect

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
edstaffin

Linq Connect bug in version 7.3 of LinqConnect

Post by edstaffin » Fri 07 Dec 2012 19:19

Hi,
I sent a message earlier with the following example query in vb.net:

Dim qry = from a in db.YourTable where a.IntegerField = CInt (“1”) select a.

This errors out when executed with the following error:
“No coercion operator is defined between types ‘System.String’ and ‘System.Int32’. “

I then tried it with int32.Parse(“1”) instead of the CInt and it works correctly.

Either way, it’s a bug as in prior versions of LinqConnect I could use the following query and it would work.

Dim qry = from a in db.YourTable where a.IntegerField = “1” select a.

This is really a big problem. I have 20+ applications and 1000’s of lines of code I would have to review and change just to do this silly cast.
Now, I realize that this is not an issue in C#, but obviously it is in vb. This should be a fairly straightforward fix on your side. Whereas it is a monstrous change on mine.
I have been unable to upgrade since version 6.8 because of one problem after the next. Please, please, get this right.
Thanks … Ed

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Linq Connect bug in version 7.3 of LinqConnect

Post by MariiaI » Wed 12 Dec 2012 11:26

Sorry for the delay. We have answered you via the mail.

Zero-G.

Post by Zero-G. » Sun 03 Feb 2013 18:33

Hey

Have any Information to the user users about this error!?
I got the same Problem and Need help to this.

THX - Have a nice evening

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Mon 04 Feb 2013 07:50

This issue has been fixed since dotConnect for Oracle 7.4/LinqConnect 4.1.151. Please try updating the version of the product you are using (dotConnect for Oracle/ LinqConnect) and notify us about the results.
New builds can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/download.html and http://www.devart.com/linqconnect/download.html (trial versions) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).

Zero-G.

Post by Zero-G. » Mon 04 Feb 2013 10:09

Hey

Thx for your reply
The main problem is: I use dotConnect for mySQL! - And the version I use ist the latest available (downloaded yesterday)
THX

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Mon 04 Feb 2013 10:56

This fix is also related to dotConnect for MySQL. We couldn't reproduce this error with the latest version. Please specify the following:
- the query that you are executing;
- the data types of each property of the entities from the query;
- the stack trace of the exception.

Also, we are sending you a sample project to the e-mail address you provided in your forum profile, please check that the letter is not blocked by your mail filter. Please make changes to it so that the issue could be reproduced and send it back to us or send us your project/model.

Zero-G.

Post by Zero-G. » Tue 05 Feb 2013 14:46

Hey Mariaal

I have some strange behaivors.
In your test environment, everything works really fine. - I also imported my database into your provided project and played around. - Everything is fine.
But in my big project, I got some error's. - For example the associateWith isn't working. -> But in your project it also work's.
So I think, maybe the problem is in the old version of the generated Designer/vb files.
Can I rebuild the complete DataContext Class from scratch without having to delete it (I did soooooo many changes by hand during the last 4-5 years and I don't wan't to do it again...) can I start a rebuild anyhow else?
THX for any information.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Wed 06 Feb 2013 12:10

Could you please send us your sample project/model or make changes to our sample and send it back to us, so that we are able to investigate this situation and find the solution for you.

Zero-G.

Post by Zero-G. » Sun 10 Mar 2013 16:13

Hey

I have sent you about 4 Weeks ago an sample, where you have been able to reproduce my Problems. Are there any News about this? - Has it been fixed!?
What Kind of Status has the Problem (if not fixed yet)

THX

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Mon 11 Mar 2013 09:21

We are working on this issue now. We plan to fix it in the one of the nearest builds. We will inform you when the fix is available.

dan_j

Post by dan_j » Fri 15 Jun 2018 17:47

This same error is happening to me when using dotConnect for MySQL Professional 8.9.980.
I have to do this as a workaround...

Code: Select all

Dim InvoiceNumber As Integer = CInt(Request.QueryString("invoicenumber"))
Invoices = (From I In DB.Invoices Where I.Invoicenumber = InvoiceNumber).ToList
Has it been fixed?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 19 Jun 2018 13:45

@dan_j
We cannot reproduce the error with a current (8.10.1152) version. Please localize the issue and send us a small test project with the corresponding DDL/DML script for reproducing.