Context error on 64 bit IIS7

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
edstaffin

Context error on 64 bit IIS7

Post by edstaffin » Wed 17 Aug 2011 11:39

Hi,
Here is my configuration:
Installled dcoracle570pro.exe.
Using linqconnect to an oracle 10g db.
Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit w/ IIS7 all latest service packs.
IE version 8 installed.

When I run my app in the asp.net development server via visual studio 2010 on the above mentioned machine, works perfectly. No errors.

When run from the browser (IE8 ) outside visual studio I get the following error when going to a page that is using a datacontext. This makes no sense to me. How can it work in vstudio and not on IIS7? Is it a 64bit issue? Do I need to upgrade Devart? Help!!!

Server Error in '/VectorQC' Application.

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30389: 'VShareDB.VShareDBContext' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Friend'.

Source Error:

Line 146: 'oConnVS.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings(ConfigConstants.WC_VECTORSHARE_CONNECTION_STRING).ConnectionString
Line 147: 'oConnVS.Open()
Line 148: Dim dbVShare As New VShareDBContext
Line 149: sv.Rows.Count = 0
Line 150: For i = 0 To arSearchItems.Length - 1

Source File: C:\WebSites\VectorQC\LabChip\FragmentSearch2.aspx.vb Line: 148

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.225

Zero-G.

Post by Zero-G. » Wed 17 Aug 2011 21:21

Hey

I am Not a DevArt guy, but I think, that the Problem is more Set to your restrictions. It Sounds for me, As you do Not have enough Rights. This problem is Not a Devart's Problem.

Vs2010 will Start up with admin rights - the browser doesn't have such rights.

Hope this will help

edstaffin

Post by edstaffin » Wed 17 Aug 2011 21:33

Hi,
Thanks for responding, but I don't get it. What restrictions are you talking about? What rights to what? How does the browser's rights have anything to do with a compilation issue on the server side?
Maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks ... Ed

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 18 Aug 2011 17:11

Could you please describe the structure of your application? For example, please specify the following:
- whether the application is pre-compiled or not (i.e., if it is an ASP.NET application or an ASP.NET site);
- if the data context class and entity classes are declared in a separate assembly;
- if the 'Access' model property is set to 'Internal'.