Executecommand issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
Lucas Phillip

Executecommand issue

Post by Lucas Phillip » Thu 04 Aug 2011 17:16

Hi there!

I'm trying to execute a custom SQL statment. A "LOAD DATA INFILE" to be more exact.

The problem is that if I use a hardcoded path to the file, everything works. But if I use a variable path, it does not.
For exemple:

this snipped works

Code: Select all

string command = @"LOAD DATA INFILE 'D:\Econ\ECONCPAServer\bin\Release\occurrences.sql' INTO TABLE occurrence FIELDS TERMINATED BY ';';
dc.ExecuteCommand(command);

this on the other hand does not

string workingFile = string.Format(@"{0}\occurrences.sql", Environment.CurrentDirectory);
string command = string.Format(@"LOAD DATA INFILE '{0}' INTO TABLE occurrence FIELDS TERMINATED BY ';'", workingFile);
dc.ExecuteCommand(command);
When I look the exception, it says that it could not find file D:EconECONCPAServerbin\Releaseoccurrences.sql

What is going on here? Am I doing something stupid and not even seeing it?

Thanks

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 05 Aug 2011 16:22

The problem is that the path constant specified in the 'LOAD DATA INFILE' command should contain double slashes, and the Environment.CurrentDirectory string contains single ones. To resolve the problem, you can. e.g., duplicate the slashes:

string workingFile = string.Format(@"{0}\occurrences.sql", Environment.CurrentDirectory.Replace(@"\",@"\"));
Otherwise, you can pass the file name as a SQL parameter:

dc.ExecuteCommand(@"LOAD DATA INFILE {0} INTO TABLE occurrence FIELDS TERMINATED BY ';'", workingFile);
Please tell us if this helps.