MSBuild 15 & sdl/msl/ssdl embedding

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
nlz242

MSBuild 15 & sdl/msl/ssdl embedding

Post by nlz242 » Thu 28 Sep 2017 18:02

Hello,

I'm currently upgrading our build to use MSBuild 15 and i'm having issues getting dotConnect's embedding tasks to run.
In the past, i could add a line to the "Custom.After.Microsoft.Common.targets" file associated to my version of MSBuild and embedding would work.
However, with MSBuild 15, this file no longer exists, so i'm a little lost in how to proceed.

I do not wish to upgrade my version of dotConnect currently (this will be done next month) as we are trying to limit the number of moving parts in our upgrades and going to .NET 4.7/MSBuild 15 has been a pretty big step already which we want to make sure works properly before upgrading dotConnect.

Thanks in advance :)

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: MSBuild 15 & sdl/msl/ssdl embedding

Post by Shalex » Fri 29 Sep 2017 09:54

Please refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... story.html:
9.4.326 03-Aug-17
The bug with registering DevartEntityDeploy on the workstation with just Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017 installed is fixed

We recommend using the newest (9.4.348) build.
nlz242 wrote:I do not wish to upgrade my version of dotConnect currently (this will be done next month) as we are trying to limit the number of moving parts in our upgrades and going to .NET 4.7/MSBuild 15 has been a pretty big step already which we want to make sure works properly before upgrading dotConnect.
Please test v9.4.348 (registered or trial) in a test environment before using it in a production.