draw the model without generating code

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
Q.X

draw the model without generating code

Post by Q.X » Mon 14 Aug 2017 14:43

Such as drawing a one-to-many relationship on the desinger model without generating code in EF(include csdl,msdl and ssdl)

yes, only show on the model and generate the code in cs with template (without ef csdl ssdl msdl)

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: draw the model without generating code

Post by Shalex » Tue 15 Aug 2017 11:40

You want to work with EF6 model without generating *.csdl / *.msl / *.ssdl, don't you?

Please enable the DbContext template in your *.edml model via Model Explorer > the Templates node and set its Fluent Mapping property to True. Also select designer surface, press F4 (Properties) and set Metadata Artifact Processing to Do Not Generate Mapping Files.

Refer to http://blog.devart.com/entity-developer ... plate.html.

Is that what you need?

Q.X

Post by Q.X » Sat 19 Aug 2017 05:21

Shalex wrote:You want to work with EF6 model without generating *.csdl / *.msl / *.ssdl, don't you?

Please enable the DbContext template in your *.edml model via Model Explorer > the Templates node and set its Fluent Mapping property to True. Also select designer surface, press F4 (Properties) and set Metadata Artifact Processing to Do Not Generate Mapping Files.

Refer to http://blog.devart.com/entity-developer ... plate.html.

Is that what you need?
Yes, but I just want not to generate the entities which I taged

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 21 Aug 2017 08:28

Q.X wrote:I just want not to generate the entities which I taged
If you want not to generate some entities, please remove them from conceptual (CSDL) part of your model. In this case, you can leave them in storage (SSDL) part or remove them from SSDL as well.