So, the license has an expiration time

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
-marcelo-

So, the license has an expiration time

Post by -marcelo- » Thu 06 Jul 2017 22:36

Had a hard time with Visual Studio getting an unhandled exception during two days, until I could see the event log. It was related to the expired license for dotConnect, even if I was not using nor referencing it in my solution.
Thank you very much for your time-limited license policy, which I purchased in 2014 and never used to build any commercial or personal project.
If I would conscious of license expiring policy, I never could purchased it.
Good bye, friends...

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: So, the license has an expiration time

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 07 Jul 2017 12:45

Devart products are sold on the subscription basis. The subscription is valid for 1 year after the purchase. So you can download new versions of the product for free during a year. When this period ends, you need to renew your subscription in order to download the latest versions from Customer Portal. But the license itself is permanent in the sense that a particular version can be used without any time limitations.

Please tell us which product you purchased in 2014 and which product you use now and its version and edition. Provide the exception full text and stack trace.

Additionally, describe the steps you performed for reproducing the issue.