Memory Leak

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL

Memory Leak

Post by Guest » Tue 12 Apr 2005 08:54

I am using the CoreLab.Postgres.dll on a couple of my web sites. About every 24 to 36 hours the dll will fail and normally reports a "System Out Of Memory" exception. Restarting the web app fixes the problem so it is assumed that this is a memory leak in the CoreLab.Postgres.dll.

Up until 3 or 4 weeks ago I'd been using Npgsql and would never have this happened. I am not doing anything fancy in my SQL just basic operations and some realtively small table joins, biggest table probably 30,000 rows.

Aaron

Yuri

Memory Leak

Post by Yuri » Tue 12 Apr 2005 11:35

Is this bug present in the last version? Do you use ConnectionPool?

Post by Guest » Tue 12 Apr 2005 13:31

I'm not sure if it's version 2.10.4, I'll keep an eye out. THe bug is in 2.10.3.

I don't set any connection pooling settings manually. Is this something we need to do with PostgreSQLDirect.Net?

Other data providers I've used implement all this under the hood and you only need to modify connection pool settings if you need something different...

Yuri

Memory Leak

Post by Yuri » Thu 14 Apr 2005 09:30

We couldn't reproduce the problem.
Is it server side memory leak? Please show an example of using data provider which leads to memory leak.