problem to connect postgre 8.1.3

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
german_db

problem to connect postgre 8.1.3

Post by german_db » Wed 15 Nov 2006 12:17

I have a postgre 8.1.3 with a pgadmin III 1.4 and visual studio .net 2003, i have a 1.8 version of your driver that work well.

I downloaded the 2.5 trial version and erase the older one and install this, but since this version is installed my postgre doesn’t work. When start the connection with the database throw pgadmin III the program collapse. I try use the test connection option for the PgSqlConnection, from and older project but doesn’t work either.

Do you have any suggestion?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 15 Nov 2006 12:59

since this version is installed my postgre doesn’t work
You mean your PostgreSQL server doesn't work? This has nothing to do with PostgreSQLDirect .NET data provider. You should check your server settings and run the appropriate service.
When start the connection with the database throw pgadmin III the program collapse.
Which program collapse? pgAdmin? This is also not the PostgreSQLDirect .NET problem.

german_db

Post by german_db » Wed 15 Nov 2006 13:22

is strange but i erase your trial version and the server work again, and yea the pgadmin III doesn’t work when i have the corelab postgresql 2.5 installed.

I try several times repeating the install process and the result is always the same, with de corelab postgresql 2.5 the postgresql server don't response.

I tried to download a most resent version of the postgresql to see if it’s work

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 15 Nov 2006 16:13

PostgreSQLDirect .NET cannot prevent server from working.