DSN Connections

DSN Connections

Postby Paul S » Thu 04 May 2006 18:11

Hello,

I have installed the "PostgreSQLDirect .NET Data Provider ver 2.5" and have tested the sample applications that are available. I would also like to test some DSN connections (through the ODBC Data Source Administrator) to Postgres with Microsoft Access and other tools like SQL Server "Linked Servers" that use DSN.

I do not see the PostgreSQLDirect option in the DSN window. Do I need to reference it with some special command to use it?
Paul S

Postby Alexey » Fri 05 May 2006 06:58

PostgreSQLDirect .NET is not ODBC provider. Your intentions are unclear for us. Please specify.
Alexey

Postby Paul S » Fri 05 May 2006 12:17

I would like to created a SQL Server "Linked Server" by using your "PostgreSQLDirect .NET Data Provider". Is there a way to do that? I would like to connect SQL Server to my Postgres Machine so that I can transfer data between the two. I can use ODBC to do that currently but would like to know if I can use your product to do that instead for increased performance.

My initial thought was to integrate your product through the ODBC settings to get it to work but it might not work that way (from reading your previous reply.)

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks...
Paul S

Postby Alexey » Sat 06 May 2006 09:33

MySQLDirect .NET is a ADO .NET provider. We do not support ODBC.
But we are planning to support Integration Services in the next release.
Alexey

Return to dotConnect for PostgreSQL