ID field does not exist

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Johan

ID field does not exist

Post by Johan » Tue 25 Apr 2006 08:22

Using the new pro version i try to create a dataset with the wizard (add datasource). The select statement returns a message saying the id-column doesn't exist. Now it certainly does exist since using the query builder (when configuring) does allow me te select the id-column. This happens with both tables that i try to add to the dataset.

The id-fields both have auto-numbering on them.

Any ideas.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 25 Apr 2006 09:36

Please specify the steps you perform until the error occurs.

Johan

Post by Johan » Tue 25 Apr 2006 13:10

Here we go:

From the datasource tab in VS2005 I select new datasource.
Next i select database as being the type of datasource
Next i make a connectstring wich looks like this: User Id=___________;Password=******;Host=db.infogateway.org;Database=CITIS2;Persist Security Info=True;Schema=rss_shop. This one does work.
In the "choose your database objects" i select 2 tables from the schema set in the connectstring. Both tables have 1 id column wich is an autonumber column. Also i give the dataset a name ('rssfeed')
Then when i click finish, an vs2005 error box appears saying: some update commands could not be generated automatically. The database returned the following error: "Collumn 'feedsid' does not exist.
Then, when clicking ok, a "data source configuration wizard"-dialog box appears saying: "Could not retrieve schema information for table or view rss_shop.feeds."
Now I get to click finish again but the same things happen.
After clicking ok 2 or 3 times the following box shows up saying:

"
Could not retrieve schema information for table or view rss_shop.feeds.

Could not retrieve schema information for table or view rss_shop.resources."

Then the source has been made, but whenever the get command on the object is called, and effectively the selectstatement is executed, the same error about the id-fields appear.

i reproduce this by rightclicking the just created datasource in the datasource tab and selecting preview data. Then i select the rssfeed.getdata, and this one fails with the aforementioned error.

I hope this helps.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 25 Apr 2006 13:51

Please send us small test project; include definition of your own database objects.

Johan

Post by Johan » Tue 25 Apr 2006 15:08

I send a zipped project to [email protected]