SQL Server 2005 Integration Services Works but is hitting Licensing error.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Paul S

SQL Server 2005 Integration Services Works but is hitting Licensing error.

Post by Paul S » Sat 22 Apr 2006 16:25

Hello,

I have been able to use your PostgreSQLDirect .NET data provider to create a SSIS (SQL Server 2005 Integration Services) package that integrates with Postgres 8.1.3.

I have tested the source and destination and it works perfectly. The only problem I'm having is with your licensing. :( I have read your help document about including the licenses.licx file and even tried compiling my own licenses.licx file but nothing works. Is there any way that we can make this licensing component of your product easier? I've seen quite a few posts about other users having similar issues and it seems like needless pain. Please let me know what the fix to this is so that we can finish evaluating the product and make the purchase. :)

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 25 Apr 2006 06:26

This licenses.licx file can be added automatically when you drop
PgSqlConnection component to the WinForms designer, or created manually as you did.
So please specify in details what is the problem you experience.

kiwilamb

Post by kiwilamb » Fri 04 Aug 2006 18:24

hey Paul

Did you ever get this resolved? I'd like to use this but also can't get it configured.

Cheers,
Derek

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 08 Aug 2006 12:18

You have to install PostgreSQLDirect .NET on target machine. Note that according to License Agreement you may install PostgreSQLDirect .NET on target machine only in minimal configuration.