dotConnect will support linux?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
esankara1

dotConnect will support linux?

Post by esankara1 » Mon 27 Nov 2017 16:46

Hi Team,
We want to know dotConnect will support linux and how it'll work.
How to check install and deploy on production environment.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: dotConnect will support linux?

Post by Shalex » Wed 29 Nov 2017 15:03

dotConnect for PostgreSQL includes two types of assemblies:
1) .NET Framework -> supplied with the provider installation
2) .NET Core -> available via NuGet

Both of them you can use with Mono on Linux:

(1)
Our provider can't be installed on Linux. You should install dotConnect for PostgreSQL on a computer with a Windows OS and then copy the required Devart.* assemblies (Devart.Data.dll, Devart.Data.PostgreSql.dll, etc) to OS with Mono. When you create an application that uses Devart.* assemblies, it must have a specially formed embedded license resource. It is checked when a connection is opened. As you can't install dotConnect for PostgreSQL on Linux, you will have to compile the license resource manually (http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... ml#compile) on a Windows computer, and then copy it to Mono computer and attach it to your project as an Embedded Resource.

(2)
Install the .NET Core assemblies via NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages/devart.data.postgresql. Then enable a trial licensing: https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postg ... ndard.html > the "dotConnect for PostgreSQL Trial Licensing on Linux" section.

esankara1

Post by esankara1 » Thu 30 Nov 2017 08:32

Hi Team,
Thanks for your updates. I would like to share the project which we're currently working and also following issues we're facing both windows and linux on dotnet core application.

Your suggestions is more valuable for our development.

Devart.Common.LicenseException: 'Feature is not supported.'

Thanks

esankara1

Post by esankara1 » Thu 30 Nov 2017 08:39

can you please ftp details, i'll upload the project.

esankara1

Post by esankara1 » Thu 30 Nov 2017 11:01

When i'm installing dotconnect, not able to find Devart.Data.PostgreSql.key

if i pass .licx in connection string, it's throwing error Feature not supported.

PgSqlConnection pg = new PgSqlConnection("license key=trial:/home/test/license.licx;User Id=*;Password=*;Host=*;Database=*;Initial Schema=public;");

Can you please help to fix this error

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 30 Nov 2017 15:23

esankara1 wrote:if i pass .licx in connection string, it's throwing error Feature not supported.

PgSqlConnection pg = new PgSqlConnection("license key=trial:/home/test/license.licx;User Id=*;Password=*;Host=*;Database=*;Initial Schema=public;");
1. license.licx should not work with .NET Core assemblies.
esankara1 wrote:When i'm installing dotconnect, not able to find Devart.Data.PostgreSql.key
2. The dotConnect for PostgreSQL installation should create C:\ProgramData\Devart\dotConnect\License\Devart.Data.PostgreSql.key.

esankara1

Post by esankara1 » Thu 30 Nov 2017 16:28

We've install Devart dotConnect for PostgreSQL Professional version 7.10.103, but not able to get
Devart.Data.PostgreSql.key

We've bought dotconnect and also have activation key. Can you please help to create Devart.Data.PostgreSql.key and send a mail Devart.Data.PostgreSql.key key on our registered account

Thanks

esankara1

Post by esankara1 » Thu 30 Nov 2017 16:40

Shalex wrote:
esankara1 wrote:if i pass .licx in connection string, it's throwing error Feature not supported.

1. license.licx should not work with .NET Core assemblies.
esankara1 wrote:When i'm installing dotconnect, not able to find Devart.Data.PostgreSql.key
2. The dotConnect for PostgreSQL installation should create C:\ProgramData\Devart\dotConnect\License\Devart.Data.PostgreSql.key.
C:\ProgramData\Devart\dotConnect\License
folder not created, can you please help me on that

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 01 Dec 2017 13:38

esankara1 wrote:We've bought dotconnect
C:\ProgramData\Devart\dotConnect\License\Devart.Data.PostgreSql.key is created only for the trial version. The licensed version doesn't create this file, because you should use your license key from Customer Portal in this case.

To get LicenseKey, please use the credentials (URL, account name, and password) that were sent to you after the purchase of our product, then press View in the "Activation Key" column against the product dotConnect for PostgreSQL Professional. Assign this value to the License Key connection string parameter.

Does it work?