datalink for postgresql

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
jules3766

datalink for postgresql

Post by jules3766 » Fri 10 Nov 2017 15:28

Can you please confirm that the latest gac version number of datalink is 5.0.1772.0
The rest of my Devart shows up as 7.9.980 in the gac except Link Monitor shows up as 4.7.1317

I spent the better part of the day, again, following the included on how to create a datalink application and it simply does not work. I opened a windows form and ran the wizard from there as instructed but when I go to the toolbox and add the devart tools they look like they get added and then disappear after the next load.

We are using the devart dotConnect but have been forced to use the MSDataSetGenerator to get basic forms to work properly.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: datalink for postgresql

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 15 Nov 2017 10:30

dotConnect for PostgreSQL Professional edition includes assemblies with different version numbers.
1. dotConnect for PostgreSQL assemblies, like Devart.Data.PostgreSql.dll or Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Web.dll. The version of these assemblies is equal to dotConnect for PostgreSQL version. If you install dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.9.980, then version of these assemlies is 7.9.980 too.

2. Devart.Data.dll assembly is a common assembly for all dotConnect providers. It uses a separate version counter. For all dotConnect providers released on the same date the Devart.Data.dll version is the same.

3. Devart.Data.Linq.* and Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Linq.dll assemblies. These assemblies are from the separate LinqConnect product that has its own version. For more information, please refer to https://www.devart.com/linqconnect/history.html
dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.9.980 has Devart.Data.Linq.* and Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Linq.dll assemblies of version 4.7.1317. The latest dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.10.1013 has Devart.Data.Linq.* and Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Linq.dll assemblies of the version 4.8.1350.

There are no Devart.Data.Linq.* or Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Linq.dll assemblies of version 5.0.1772.0. 5.0.1772.0 is a version of Devart.Data.dll that is included to dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.9.980.
jules3766 wrote:I opened a windows form and ran the wizard from there as instructed but when I go to the toolbox and add the devart tools they look like they get added and then disappear after the next load.
Please describe, which wizard you have run, and what steps you have performed. Could you please tell us how exactly different versions of this assembly cause an issue?

jules3766

Re: datalink for postgresql

Post by jules3766 » Thu 16 Nov 2017 14:10

That eliminates a mismatch as the issue. Thanks for confirming.