Install Issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
rtunis

Install Issues

Post by rtunis » Wed 16 Aug 2017 14:41

Hi there,

I've recently received some source code that includes the following libraries of yours:
- Devart.Data
- Devart.Data.Linq
- Devart.Data.PostgreSql
- Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity
- Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Linq

I'm having some issues when reinstalling them from nuget. I get this error when trying to install the Devart.Data library:
"Could not install package 'Devart.Data 5.0.1750'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.5', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author."
I'm not sure why it's saying it's incompatible when the compatibility section of your website says it supports 4.5. I've tried going to your downloads section here: https://www.devart.com/downloads.html#dotConnect and installing the dotConnect for PostgreSQL Professional Trial but that didn't seem to help anything. I'm fairly confident that this is a WPF solution and would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.
Ryan

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Install Issues

Post by Shalex » Thu 17 Aug 2017 14:36