Deployment issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Luis

Deployment issue

Post by Luis » Fri 21 Oct 2016 11:08

Dear Sirs

I am deploying an ASP.NET Web Application into a server located in my network. I used the Publish Web Site tool in Visual Studio 2010.
My solution has two projects, a main project in ASP.NET which doesn`t use any of your dll's and another one which use these dll`s:
- Devart.Data
- Devart.Data.PostgreSql
- Devart.Data.PostgreSql.EntityFramework.EF4

In this second project I´ve added two licences files (licences.licx and licences.config) with the licence information tool.

Once I´ve tried to test my application I got the following error message:

The specified store provider cannot be found in the configuration, or is not valid.
at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.GetFactory(String providerString)
at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.ChangeConnectionString(String newConnectionString)
at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection..ctor(String connectionString)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.CreateEntityConnection(String connectionString)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext..ctor(String connectionString, String defaultContainerName)
at tcsa.cedro.DDModelo.CEDROEntities.CEDROModel.CEDROEntities..ctor() in C:\Trabajo\Cedro\PRODUCCION\tcsa.cedro.DDModelo.Postgres.CEDROEntities\CEDROModel.Designer.cs:line 160

Could you give me a hint about this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Luis Mejias

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Deployment issue

Post by Shalex » Mon 24 Oct 2016 10:08

1. Have you added the DbProviderFactories entry to the *.config of your application like described at https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postg ... yment.html?

2. Are there any inner exceptions?