using dotConnect for Pg with ASP.NET 5 web app template

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
dhworth

using dotConnect for Pg with ASP.NET 5 web app template

Post by dhworth » Sun 09 Aug 2015 15:55

I am looking to re-write an existing asp.net web app using ASP.NET 5.

VS2015 has a new ASP.NET 5 project template and it no longer uses xml configuration files but rather project.json and config.json. Also, I only want to target dnxcore50 so that I can host the application on a Linux server. I have been unable to find examples of using the npgsql driver with EF7 for this new project template.

I am willing to purchase dotConnect if it supports ASP.NET 5 template. I searched the forum for information suggesting this support but it is not clear to me that it does.

Can anyone at devart let me know if dotConnect for PostgreSQL will work with and ASP.NET 5 web application template when only targeting dnxcore50?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: using dotConnect for Pg with ASP.NET 5 web app template

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 11 Aug 2015 09:53

dotConnect for PostgreSQL does not support ASP.NET 5. We will investigate the possibility of implementing support of ASP.NET 5, but we can't tell any timeframe at the moment.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: using dotConnect for Pg with ASP.NET 5 web app template

Post by Shalex » Tue 30 May 2017 10:49

Devart is glad to announce the release of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.9 with support for .NET Core: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35438.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.