NuGet support

NuGet support

Postby JeffCertain » Mon 27 Jul 2015 23:33

Updating the dotConnect references in a moderately sized solution (60+ projects).

Please, please create a NuGet package! I notice that the dotConnect Express is already supported in NuGet.
JeffCertain

Re: NuGet support

Postby Shalex » Tue 28 Jul 2015 06:53

JeffCertain wrote: I notice that the dotConnect Express is already supported in NuGet.
Other editions can not be distributed via NuGet because only run-time assemblies can be supplied in this way. Standard/Professional editions include design time which can be installed only with a full installation package.
Shalex
Devart Team

Postby mko » Tue 28 Jul 2015 11:04

NuGet packages would make dotConnect deployment so much easier!

You could provide an installation package for the Visual Studio integration and provide the runtime assemblies via NuGet. For some applications the Visual Studio integration might not even be needed (Code First, etc.).
mko

Postby JeffCertain » Tue 28 Jul 2015 21:20

mko has the right idea. We're using EF6 code first.

At this point, I'm going to have to extract the DLLs, bundle them in a custom NuGet package, host my own server... you get the idea.

But that's less work than updating the project references manually a couple of times.
JeffCertain

Postby Shalex » Fri 31 Jul 2015 15:05

Thank you for your feedbacks. We will investigate the possibility of implementing our NuGet server (license management).

JeffCertain wrote:At this point, I'm going to have to extract the DLLs, bundle them in a custom NuGet package, host my own server...
That is a current workaround (documentation).
Shalex
Devart Team

Return to dotConnect for PostgreSQL