.NET provider for postgresql doesn't exist. Unable to create a model from a preexisting database in Postgresql

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Geosal

.NET provider for postgresql doesn't exist. Unable to create a model from a preexisting database in Postgresql

Post by Geosal » Thu 23 Apr 2015 10:40

Hi everyone!
I'm having this problem that's blocking me for over 4 days now. I'm developing a WCF webservice and tried connecting to my Postgresql database via Visual Studio 2010. I installed Npgsql, EntityFramework, LinqToPostgresql, and also Devart DotConnect for Postgresql, Shaolinq... All that with NugetPackage Manager. I also installed Entity Developer.

I managed to create a connexion to my Postgresql database, but when I try to create a model out of my database (I add a new Devart Linq to SQL Model item), Postgresql provider doesn't show up in the combobox!
When I get to the 'Set up connection properties' step, in the provider combobox I only get 3 choices :

.NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5
.NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0
.NET Framework Data Provider for Sql Server

No sign of Postgresql provider !
You can check my question on StackOverflow for the screenshots :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/298 ... provider-f

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance !

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: .NET provider for postgresql doesn't exist. Unable to create a model from a preexisting database in Postgresql

Post by MariiaI » Fri 24 Apr 2015 05:04

We have contacted you by e-mail.