DEPLOYING to Azure

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
jlossada

DEPLOYING to Azure

Post by jlossada » Tue 31 Mar 2015 22:29

I am building an API with an existing POSTGRESQL. I was able to make it work perfectly. Now I am ready to deploy. I want to deploy to a virtual server with Microsoft Azure. I have not bought the license yet but I need to buy the Professional License. But first I wanted to ask if I buy the License am I going to be able to deploy to a virtual server in Azure???

alexa

Re: DEPLOYING to Azure

Post by alexa » Wed 01 Apr 2015 10:50

Please note that dbForge Data Compare for PostgreSQL is intended to work only with PostgreSQL databases, but not with Microsoft Azure.

jlossada

Post by jlossada » Wed 01 Apr 2015 14:21

I am not using dbForge Data for Postgresql.

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 01 Apr 2015 14:40

Unfortunately, we provide technical support only on Devart products.

jlossada

Post by jlossada » Wed 01 Apr 2015 15:05

dotConnect for PostgreSQL is not a Devart product?? That is what I am using.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 02 Apr 2015 15:18

dotConnect for PostgreSQL can be used on Windows Azure.
jlossada wrote:But first I wanted to ask if I buy the License am I going to be able to deploy to a virtual server in Azure???
dotConnect for PostgreSQL has a trial version which allows you to evaluate dotConnect for PostgreSQL during 30 days since the provider installation. Trial version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers the same features as the Professional edition. You can download the trial version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL from our site: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... nload.html

Thus, you can try deploying your application, created with dotConnect for PostgreSQL trial, to Windows Azure and make sure that everything is deployed successfully. If everything is successful with the trial version, it will be successful with the Professional edition of dotConnect for PostgreSQL.