Automated Unit Tests fail at random points with assorted errors

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
pwarren

Automated Unit Tests fail at random points with assorted errors

Post by pwarren » Tue 17 Mar 2015 10:48

We have an MVC4/Entity Framework 4/dotConnect 7.3.171.0 application which under normal use i.e. manual testing/development works well, however, when we run our automated unit test suite it fails at random places with various postgresql errors:
  • could not send data to client: Connection reset by peer
    unexpected EOF on client connection
    transport channel is closed
    Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
I have tried turning off connection pooling and turning on validate connection but neither of these solved the issue.

I am unable to recreate the problem in a small test project, because the application works fine under sporadic use, but clearly there is something failing when a rapid sequence of database access occurs.

I am reluctant to go into production when unit testing is not 100% as this could be a stress related issue that is exposed by multiple users.

Does anyone have any suggestions what might be causing this - and any possible solutions?

Paul W

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Automated Unit Tests fail at random points with assorted errors

Post by MariiaI » Thu 19 Mar 2015 11:32

Thank you for the report. We have made some changes that should fix the issues you are encountering. The changes will be available in the next build of dotConnect for PostgreSQL. We will inform you when it is available for download.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Automated Unit Tests fail at random points with assorted errors

Post by MariiaI » Mon 30 Mar 2015 09:45

New build of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.3.379 is available for download!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... nload.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31496.

Please try your scenario again and notify about the results.