ASP.NET 1.1 on Mono

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
kadamski

ASP.NET 1.1 on Mono

Post by kadamski » Fri 24 Feb 2006 10:42

Hi,

I have a following problem:
In my project I am using PostgreSQLDirect, I am compiling it using VS.NET 2003 and it's working, but when I am trying to run it with Mono and Xsp server I am getting following error:
"License expired or not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in PostgreSQLDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support"

In the documentation is described licensing of ASP.NET 2.0 applications, but what about ASP.NET 1.1. What is the correct way to make it working?

Thanks in advance,
Krzysztof Adamski

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri 24 Feb 2006 14:11

Please try PostgreSQLDirect .NET 2.50.15. We fixed similar problem there.

kadamski

ASP.NET 1.1 on Mono

Post by kadamski » Tue 14 Mar 2006 15:23

Hello again,

I have tried version 2.50.15.0, but without any improvements. Can you tell m e what is the correct way to include license into ASP.NET 1.1 application? In PostgreSQLDirect .NET documentation is described way to compile licenses.licx file to App_Licenses.dll file, but what about ASP.NET 1.1? In VS.NET 2003 I can't compile this file in the same way, because I don't have such option in the licenses.licx file context menu in the Solution Explorer view. So, Do I need App_Licenses.dll file in ASP.NET 1.1 application or not?

Another question is if can I deploy this application on the web server working on linux operating system? If yes, what I need to configure and where place the PostgreSQLDirect assembly?

Thanks in advance,
Krzysztof Adamski

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed 15 Mar 2006 14:03

For ASP.NET 1.1 application you have to include licenses.licx to your web project and compile it with your project. Please see PostgreSQLDirect .NET Web demo project.
You can use this application on the web server working on linux operating system. What error message do you have? Error messages are changed in PostgreSQLDirect .NET 2.50.15.0.