Workflow - getting error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
agillesp

Workflow - getting error

Post by agillesp » Tue 14 Oct 2014 19:11

I'm getting this:

function createlockowner(unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown) does not exist

When I return PersistableIdleAction.Unload from .PersistableIdle

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Workflow - getting error

Post by Shalex » Wed 15 Oct 2014 12:25

The dotConnect for PostgreSQL installation includes different assemblies and DDL/DML scripts for different versions of Workflow Services (by default, %installFolder% is \Program Files (x86)\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL\):

1. WF4.0
  • %installFolder%\WF Services\Devart.Data.PostgreSql.WorkflowFoundation.dll (x.x.x.0)
  • %installFolder%\WF Services\PgSqlInstanceStoreLogic.sql
  • %installFolder%\WF Services\PgSqlInstanceStoreSchema.sql
2. WF4.5
  • %installFolder%\WF Services\NET45\Devart.Data.PostgreSql.WorkflowFoundation.dll (x.x.x.2)
  • %installFolder%\WF Services\NET45\PgSqlInstanceStoreLogic45.sql
  • %installFolder%\WF Services\NET45\PgSqlInstanceStoreSchema45.sql
agillesp wrote:function createlockowner(unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown) does not exist
The code looks for the createlockowner function with 11 parameters. This function exists in both %installFolder%\WF Services\PgSqlInstanceStoreLogic.sql (11 parameters) and %installFolder%\WF Services\NET45\PgSqlInstanceStoreLogic45.sql (12 parameters) scripts.
Seems like you are using schema from WF4.5 but Devart.Data.PostgreSql.WorkflowFoundation.dll from WF4.0.

JIC:
a) you can check the version of Devart.Data.PostgreSql.WorkflowFoundation.dll loaded in the process of your application via Debug > Windows > Modules window of Visual Studio in the debug mode
b) turn on the dbMonitor tool (download link, documentation) to check the SQL statements sent to the database (this helps to identify problems)

If this is not the case, please send us a small test project and specify the exact steps we should follow in our environment to reproduce the issue.

agillesp

Post by agillesp » Wed 15 Oct 2014 17:05

I've previously done all the necessary install and am referencing the correct Workflow assembly. This is what dbMonitor shows:

http://pasteboard.co/XJ58nSv.png

I'll put the test case together and send it. Even the simplest test is not working for me.

agillesp

Post by agillesp » Wed 15 Oct 2014 17:44

Doh! I was referencing the WF 4.0 assembly and not the WF 4.5 assembly. Looks like this first little test is now working.

Thanks!