TypeInitializationException using LINQPad

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
mattatplayfab

TypeInitializationException using LINQPad

Post by mattatplayfab » Fri 05 Sep 2014 19:29

I'm trying to connect to a Redshift database using LINQPad. I created a connection using an existing data context in an assembly that I created using LinqConnect model classes, and I specified the app.config file containing the connection string.

The connection appears to be added successfully in LINQPad, i.e. it displays the correct list of tables. When I attempt to execute a query, it displays the following error:

TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Devart.Data.PostgreSql.PgSqlConnectionStringBuilder' threw an exception.

Any ideas?

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: TypeInitializationException using LINQPad

Post by MariiaI » Tue 09 Sep 2014 08:16

TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Devart.Data.PostgreSql.PgSqlConnectionStringBuilder' threw an exception.
Thank you for the report on this. We have reproduced this issue. We will investigate it in more details and inform you about the results as soon as possible.

mattatplayfab

Post by mattatplayfab » Tue 09 Sep 2014 16:26

Thanks for investigating, I look forward to your reply!

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Thu 11 Sep 2014 13:19

The bug related to the "The type initializer for 'Devart.Data.PostgreSql.PgSqlConnectionStringBuilder' threw an exception" error is fixed.
New build of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.3.244 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... nload.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30377.

mattatplayfab

Post by mattatplayfab » Thu 11 Sep 2014 18:15

That works, thanks!