Entity Framework 5.0 issues with Spatial data

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Piera

Entity Framework 5.0 issues with Spatial data

Post by Piera » Mon 31 Mar 2014 09:04

Hi,
I'm evaluating dotconnector for postgres. I need to migrate an application developed in dotnet 4.5 Entity Framework 5.0 that uses EntityDataSource from SQL Server DB to PostGIS. The application works fine with postgres db but not when I work with spatial data (I tried with geometry). If I try to update (or create) an object that have a geometry property, context.SaveChanges() gives an error "ArgumentException: Cannot convert value..."
I'm ending my trial period and I need to know if I can solve my problem with your connector before buying it.

Thanks

PD

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Entity Framework 5.0 issues with Spatial data

Post by Shalex » Tue 01 Apr 2014 10:04

1. Please refer to and take into account the fact that 7.3.115 and higher versions of dotConnect for PostgreSQL support SharpMap 1.1 and NTS Topology Suite 1.13.2.

If this information doesn't help, send us a small test project with the corresponding DDL/DML script. Also specify the exact versions of your:
a) dotConnect for PostgreSQL
b) PostgreSQL server
c) SharpMap
d) NTS Topology Suite

2. We have just sent to the e-mail specified in your forum profile an extended (30 days more) trial version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL.

Piera

Re: Entity Framework 5.0 issues with Spatial data

Post by Piera » Wed 02 Apr 2014 07:12

Hi,
with SharpMap 1.1 and NTS Topology Suite 1.13.2 it works.
Thanks.

PD