Error Handling

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Ekki

Error Handling

Post by Ekki » Mon 03 Feb 2014 17:03

Hi,

I'm iterating thru a list of tables. Some of them may do not exist for a specific Schema.
I catch this with an exception. So far so good.

My issue however is: in case of such an exception, immediate sub-sequent calls fail. I can see in the DBMonitor that these calls are causing errors, mostly in the select statement, sometimes even in the open connection call. If I do comment-out the calls to the missing tables, all and everything works just great.

How can I handle the non-existing tables properly? Alternatively, can I check their existance before?

I tried to close the connection in the Exception block, no difference.

Thx ia,

Ekki

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Error Handling

Post by Shalex » Tue 04 Feb 2014 16:14

Ekki wrote:My issue however is: in case of such an exception, immediate sub-sequent calls fail. I can see in the DBMonitor that these calls are causing errors, mostly in the select statement, sometimes even in the open connection call. If I do comment-out the calls to the missing tables, all and everything works just great.
Please send us a small test project for reproducing the problem. Also specify the exact error(s) you are getting with its call stack.

Ekki

Post by Ekki » Mon 30 Jun 2014 11:58

Hi,

just uploaded the latest releases and still face this issue:

If I try to access a table not available in the database, I get an exception and see an error in the DB Monitor. So far so good. But the sub sequently following DB call fails although it normally would work.

Can u pls help?

Ekki

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 30 Jun 2014 13:24

Ekki wrote:But the sub sequently following DB call fails although it normally would work.
1. Specify the exact text of the error you are getting and its stack trace.
2. Please send us a small test project for reproducing the problem.