License not valid due to the problems with dotConnect for PostgreSQL installation

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
khorvat

License not valid due to the problems with dotConnect for PostgreSQL installation

Post by khorvat » Mon 06 Jan 2014 09:07

I'm trying to setup our application on another computer (Win7 box used by designer) and I can't seem to get it up and running. I always get the following error: {"License not valid due to the problems with dotConnect for PostgreSQL installation."}. I don't want to install the dotConnect on that box so how can I overcome this issue (I think this issue applies to server deployment as well)?

I have read the article about the license (http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... nsing.html) and everything seems to be ok when I open License Wizard on the box that I have installed dotConnect so I think generated license should be ok on that "clean" box too ?

We are using dotConnect in the .NET WebAPI 2 project with layered architecture so dotConnect is used in one of the layers (a class library) deep down.

I'm posting my issue here as it seems that support team is still on holiday maybe someone from the community can help me.

Thanks

Request Category: Technical
Product: dotConnect for PostgreSQL
Product Version: 7.2.55
OS Version: Windows 7
Platform: x64
Is registered user: Yes
License number: CRPgN-02225

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: License not valid due to the problems with dotConnect for PostgreSQL installation

Post by Shalex » Tue 07 Jan 2014 10:28

We have answered you by e-mail (the license resource should be generated on the workstation with dotConnect for PostgreSQL installed).