replace Devart.Common.Web name space with using WebMatrix.WebData

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
garbgdev

replace Devart.Common.Web name space with using WebMatrix.WebData

Post by garbgdev » Thu 14 Nov 2013 03:11

Hi I'm about to testing implementation of the simplemembership to my postgres server through dot connect. I was following [http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... orial.html] this instruction to do so. As Step6, I replace the namespace "WebMatrix.WebData" with the "Devart.Common.Web". After this step, WebSecurity.InitializeDatabaseConnection occurring error which is "The name 'Websecurity' does not exist in the current context."
What am I missing now? please help me.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: replace Devart.Common.Web name space with using WebMatrix.WebData

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 14 Nov 2013 13:56

Probably you have added the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Web.dll assembly for .NET Framework 2.0 instead of the one for .NET Framework 4. Step 2 describes it in detail. You need to add the assembly not from the GAC, but from the Program Files\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL\NET4 folder. For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... orial.html

garbgdev

Post by garbgdev » Sun 17 Nov 2013 08:17

Hi. thanks for your respond. To add dll files to the project reference, Do I just need to drag and drop the files to project references folder? And if I use entity framework also on this project, how do I have to add entity framework dll in to the project? same as usual?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 18 Nov 2013 15:18

To add Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Web.dll assembly to your project you need perform the following:
For Visual Studio 2008/2010:
1. Open the Add Reference window;
2. Switch to the Browse tab;
3. Select the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Web.dll assembly from the Program Files\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL\NET4 folder ;
4. Make sure that the version of the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Web.dll assembly is *.*.*.4;

For Visual Studio 2012:
1. Open the Add Reference window;
2. Switch to the Browse tab and click the Browse button in the lower right corner of the window;
3. Select the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Web.dll assembly from the Program Files\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL\NET4 folder ;
4. Make sure that the version of the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Web.dll assembly is *.*.*.4;
garbgdev wrote:how do I have to add entity framework dll in to the project? same as usual?
Yes, all other Devart assemblies except Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Web.dll you can add as usual.

garbgdev

Post by garbgdev » Mon 02 Dec 2013 03:44

Thanks it works like charm!