ASP.NET and licensing issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
ek_

ASP.NET and licensing issues

Post by ek_ » Sun 29 Sep 2013 21:45

I've followed all the docs and read forum posts but I still can't get my pro trial running on the live web server. It runs fine locally in my dev environment (I assume this is because I installed dotConnect and everything is in the GAC).

The error I get on the live site is: License not found. Please view "Licensing" topic in dotConnect for PostgreSQL documentation for details or contact Devart technical support.

I have two projects in my ASP.NET solution that reference dotConnect, and when I go Visual Studio (2012 Pro) --> Tools --> PostgreSQL --> License Information --> and fix both projects, the licenses.licx files get created in the 'Properties' directory of each project. This goes against what the doc (http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... g.html#asp) says: "Note that the context menu item is available when the licenses.licx file is located in the root folder of the site. If your project is ASP.NET Web Application, there should be created only the licenses.licx file in the root directory."

Also, after clicking "Fix" next to both those projects, it still says "The library has a reference to Devart.Data.PostgreSql but cannot check if the library is used by an additional executable." - is this a problem?

Sorry for the long post, if I figure out the solution before I get an answer here, I'll post it..

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: ASP.NET and licensing issues

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 30 Sep 2013 13:50

We could not reproduce the issue. Please create a small web application which reproduces the "License not found..." exception with the license resource created and send it to us.