Problem - PgSql commands not available

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
jeffc

Problem - PgSql commands not available

Post by jeffc » Thu 05 Jan 2006 17:27

I am using C#, VS2005 and I just installed the 2.4. When I run the C# demo, it works fine. When I run my code (which worked fine on another machine using the evaluation version) I can't see any of the PgSql... methods. When I type CoreLab.PostgreSql. instead of seeing the methods, I get: AddIn, Design and Wizards.

I have the "using CoreLab.PostgreSql;" statement, but I can't see the methods. I figure I'm doing something silly.

Thanks for the help.

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Fri 06 Jan 2006 08:17

It looks like you have referenced CoreLab.PostgreSql.Addin and CoreLab.PostgreSql.Desing assemblies in you project, but you need to reference CoreLab.PostgreSql assembly since it is the runtime.

jeffc

Post by jeffc » Fri 06 Jan 2006 13:02

I don't think that's the problem. If I change the statement to "Using CoreLab.PostgreSql.Design;" I still get several entries in Intellisense when I type "PgSql".

It works fine in the demo version (with VS eval version). When I load 2.4 into the release version of VS, I don't see any of the objects (i.e. when I type "Pg", Intellisense shows no matches). I only see the other namespaces. I am running exactly the same project with no modifications. Could I have made a mistake on the installation? I installed pgsqlnet240std2.

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Fri 06 Jan 2006 14:03

You should include line "using CoreLab.PostgreSql" in your code.
Please, check your project references in Solution Explorer. You should have reference to CoreLab.PostgreSql assembly.

jeffc

Post by jeffc » Mon 09 Jan 2006 14:58

I have "using coreLab.PostGreSQL".

In the Solutions Explorer, I have CoreLab.PostGreSql.AddIn and CoreLab.PostGreSql.Design. I do not have a CoreLab.PostGreSql entry (it is displayed as "missing")

I installed pgsqlnet240std.exe, and pgsqlnet240std2 from the page indicated on the e-mail I received after purchasing the product.

I'm sure I'm doing something dumb, I just can't see what it could be.

Thanks for the help.

jeffc

Post by jeffc » Mon 09 Jan 2006 22:19

I finally found the problem. I had to remove the CoreLab references from the Solution Explorer and add in the CoreLab.PostgreSql reference. Then it runs fine. Apparently there is some discrepency between the earlier demo version and the current production version.

Thanks for your assistance.