Deploy dotConnect for PostgreSQL

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
jtw

Deploy dotConnect for PostgreSQL

Post by jtw » Mon 25 Mar 2013 22:12

I am having trouble deploying dotConnect for PostgreSQL. After browsing the forum I registered the following dlls in the GAC of the deployment server:

Devart.Data.dll
Devart.Data.Linq.dll
Devart.Data.PostgreSql.dll
Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Linq.dll

After reading the posts I am unclear about whether or not I need an additional licensing file.

When I run the web server, it fails at the first database access complaining that it can't find the required resource.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Deploy dotConnect for PostgreSQL

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 26 Mar 2013 14:32

jtw wrote:I am having trouble deploying dotConnect for PostgreSQL. After browsing the forum I registered the following dlls in the GAC of the deployment server
You can either register all Devart assemblies used by your application in the GAC, or deploy them in the bin folder of your web application.
jtw wrote:After reading the posts I am unclear about whether or not I need an additional licensing file.

When I run the web server, it fails at the first database access complaining that it can't find the required resource.
When you create an application that uses Devart assemblies, it must have a license resource. License information is a specially formed embedded resource. It is checked when a connection is opened.
dotConnect for PostgreSQL includes License Wizard that helps you configure license information. To invoke the wizard choose PostgreSQL | License Information from the Visual Studio Tools menu. Then click the Fix button in the dialog and follow the wizard's instructions.
For more information, please refer to
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... nsing.html
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... yment.html