New release of PostgreSQLDirect .NET 2.40

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
AdamO

New release of PostgreSQLDirect .NET 2.40

Post by AdamO » Thu 22 Dec 2005 22:31

Is it me or the help is NOT WORKING?! And to make it more fun, you need it because the information needed to update your projects due to new licensing politics, are inside that very not working help... Awsome...

AdamO

Another thing

Post by AdamO » Thu 22 Dec 2005 23:17

I use Visual C# Express and with previous version of PostgreSQLDirect .NET I was able to do everything by code. I could create for example a connection object and deal with it without dragging icons from toolbox. With new 'improved' version everything is messed up. I can no longer do that. WHY!? I tried to deal with licenses.licx file, which btw. does not contain anything special, and it still doesn't work.

CoreLab made the new version worse than the previous one...

I got to say CoreLab Team... Right now I feel like I threw my money away... :evil:

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Fri 23 Dec 2005 09:26

Please fix target of the documentation shortcut for VS 2005. You should replace string "Help" with "Help 8". For example:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\dexplore.exe" /helpcol ms-help://CoreLab.PostgreSql /LaunchNamedUrlTopic DefaultPage
to
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help 8\dexplore.exe" /helpcol ms-help://CoreLab.PostgreSql /LaunchNamedUrlTopic DefaultPage.

It should solve the problem with documentation. We will fix this issue in the next build.

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Fri 23 Dec 2005 09:39

After you fix the documentation shortcut you can read the licensing topic in the documentation or you can open VS 2005 help and use the following link ms-help://CoreLab.PostgreSql/PgSqlDirect/Licensing.html
It describes how to build your applications with new licensing support.

gcaplan

Post by gcaplan » Mon 02 Jan 2006 14:53

The suggested help fix isn't working for me on XP SP2: I'm getting and error - "The specified help collection ... is invalid".

Solved the problem by locating & downloading a help viewer:

http://www.helpware.net/mshelp2/h2viewer.htm

Not the most user-friendly introduction to the trial :-(