Error when inserting/updating TimeStamp array with null valu

Postby rliberoff » Fri 01 Jun 2012 11:18

Hi,

I'm trying to insert or update a TimeStamp Without Time Zone column in the database with ´null´ values. But each time I execute the C# code, it throws the following error inside a Devart.Data.PostgreSql.PgSqlException class exception: {Error: 08P01: insufficient data left in message}

As an example, I have the following C# source code:

Code: Select all

public void Update()
{
    using (PostgreSQLCommand updateCommand = new PostgreSQLCommand((PgSqlConnection)transaction.Connection, GetStoredProcedureName(@"Schema", @"Update")))
    {         
       // The following parameter will have 26 'null' values/elements.                             
       updateCommand.Command.Parameters.Add(new PgSqlParameter(@"date", PgSqlType.Array) { Value = new PgSqlArray(PgSqlType.TimeStamp, 1, 26) });
       updateCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(true);               
    }
}

What I'm trying to do is quite simple: I could have 'null' values that I need to update through a stored procedure into a table using arrays for "bulk processing". So far, for debugging purposes the stored procedure is empty (no body).

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Technical information:
- Microsoft Windows System
- PostgreSQL 9.1.2, compiled by Visual C++ build 1500, 64-bit
- Devart dotConnect for PostgreSQL 5.80.350.0
rliberoff

Postby rliberoff » Mon 04 Jun 2012 08:05

Hi,

Anyone from Devart that can help us with this issue?
rliberoff

Re: Error when inserting/updating TimeStamp array with null

Postby Pinturiccio » Wed 06 Jun 2012 12:31

We have reproduced the issue. We will investigate it and notify you about the results as soon as possible.
Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Error when inserting/updating TimeStamp array with null valu

Postby aegeavaz » Mon 18 Jun 2012 10:22

Hi,

Any progress about this issue? We got stuck in our development due to this issue so we would like a fix or a workaround to have this working.

Thanks!

Regards.
aegeavaz

Postby Pinturiccio » Mon 18 Jun 2012 11:56

We have fixed the bug with insertion of the PgSqlArray instance containing elements with values equal to 'null'. We will post here when the corresponding build of dotConnect for PostgreSQL is available for download.
Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Postby Pinturiccio » Thu 21 Jun 2012 13:19

The new build of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 6.0.25 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgresql/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?t=24361
Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Return to dotConnect for PostgreSQL