Connection Problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
fersim

Connection Problem

Post by fersim » Tue 29 Nov 2005 20:07

Hi,

I have download the trial version of corelab.postgresql component to connect to a postgresql database server.
The database server is hosted in a remote server.
I can't make the remote connection. I have installed the PostgresqlDirect.Net.
The error is that:
"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond "
I tried to change the options: pooling, unicode, protocol, IP / host name. but it gives always error.
I have also installed the assemblies in the bin folder of the remote application, and copy the application to the server.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

FS

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Wed 30 Nov 2005 07:31

Which version of Postgre SQL server do you try to connect? Did you try to use standard client tools, like PgAdmin to establish a connection to remote host? I suspect that there is a problem in your environment.

fersim

Connection problem

Post by fersim » Wed 30 Nov 2005 11:06

The version of Postgre SQL server is 7.4.8.
And yes, with the PgAdmin (buit in on the server) i can establish a connection and create database, querys, etc.

Fersim

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Wed 30 Nov 2005 12:27

Can you establish a connection to the server using PgAdmin or standard Npgsql provider from your client machine where you tried to run apllication that used PostgreSQLDirect? We have tested connection with server 7.4 and it works OK. The following ussies are possible: PostrgeSQL server is not configured to accept connection from your machine (IP address), firewall blocks incoming/outgoing traffic.