dll problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
kolya

dll problem

Post by kolya » Wed 16 Nov 2005 18:13

Hi! I am trying to run a console program that connects to a postgres db. I get the following exception:

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Datei- oder Assemblyname
'System' oder eine Abhänigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden.
Dateiname: System
at TestDB1.DBConnector.Connect()
at TestDB1.Class1.Main(String[] args) in d:\testdb1\class1.cs:line 20

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9
69db8053d3322ac
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = D:\TestDB1\bin\Debug\
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : CoreLab.PostgreSql, Version=2.20.12.0, Culture=neutral, Publi
cKeyToken=09af7300eec23701.
===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: Host configuration file not found.
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1
.1.4322\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicK
eyToken=969db8053d3322ac
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/TestDB1/bin/Debug/System.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/TestDB1/bin/Debug/System/System.D
LL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/TestDB1/bin/Debug/System.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/TestDB1/bin/Debug/System/System.E
XE.

Press any key to continue
--------------------------------------------------
I am using net cf 1.1 and visual studio 2003

Funny enough, I have no problems connecting to the db via my pocket pc (compact framework).

Any idea what's wrong?

kolya

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Fri 18 Nov 2005 10:25

It looks like you are trying to use a mobile version of PostgreSQLDirect .NET data provider on PC. From your log I see that your application tries to locate the System.dll Version=1.0.5000.0 which can not be found since it belongs to Compact framework.
You can install the standard version of PostgreSQLDirect .NET, reference this version of CoreLab.PostgreSql assembly in your application and try again.