DotConnect support for mono on linux

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Rascal1234

DotConnect support for mono on linux

Post by Rascal1234 » Tue 20 Sep 2011 18:08

Loading a project created with visual studio 2008, which works, into monodevelop 2.6 (mono version 2.10.2) does not compile. The references to Devart.Data.Linq and Devart.Data.Postgresql.Linq complains the assemblies are not available for mono. And yes, I have copied the assemblies to local. Also, the type of model was linq connect. I cannot use devart entities, due to its reliance on System.Data.Entity which is also not supported my the Linux variant of mono.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 22 Sep 2011 08:58

The possible causes of the error are:
- the assembly references to Devart.Data.Linq and Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Linq still point to the GAC; please remove the references and add new ones pointing to the assembly local copies;
- the Devart.Data and Devart.Data.PostgreSql assemblies were not copied; please copy them as well and add references to them to the project.
Please tell us if this helps.

Also, please take a look at the topic on technical licensing, as you may need to manually compile the license resource for your Mono project:
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... nsing.html

As for Entity Models, you are right, they cannot be used under Mono. The problem is that Mono does not have the core Entity Framework assemblies such as System.Data.Entity.