Provider can not decode password

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
JORGEMAL

Provider can not decode password

Post by JORGEMAL » Fri 05 Aug 2011 16:24

I am developing a web site and I decided to split it in 2 sites. The original site uses a database which includes the membership tables. The new site must use the same database and the same users/roles. So, both web sites use a common database.
I created the new web site based on the original site, I copied some of the web forms to it and also the web.config file; now, both sites use the same web.config file which contains string connections, validation and decryption keys, etc.
When I try to validate my username and password I get an error message saying that "Provider can not decode password". Both, membership provider and role provider, have the "applicationName" property set to "/".
I will appreciate any help with this issue in case it has to do with dotConnect for PostgreSQL provider.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado

JORGEMAL

Post by JORGEMAL » Fri 05 Aug 2011 17:04

I solved my issue. The "validationKey" and "decryptionKey" values included "isolateapps" as follows:

validationKey="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, isolateapps"
decryptionKey="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, isolateapps"

I removed it and everything worked just fine.

Regards,
Jorge Maldonado