SSIS Issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL

Do you use dotConnect for Postgres with SSIS AND use it for more than just transferring a database, I'm talking full ETL, such as building a data warehouse.

Yes
No votes
No - I only use it for simple SSIS tasks
No votes
No - I've never used it with SSIS
100%
I use some other tool for ETL from postgres
No votes

Total votes: 1

autovhcdev

SSIS Issues

Post by autovhcdev » Wed 22 Dec 2010 14:35

Hello, I'm trying out the provider will SSIS and have run into a few problems that I consider fundamental and wondered who else uses dotConnect for Postgres in SSIS and what they use it for.

The issues are as follows (the last two have work arounds, but the first doesn't (and is most important):

1: In a Data Flow Task, you can't specify parameters for an ADO.Net Data Source with data access mode set to SQL Command - there is no way to provide the mapping between any SSIS variables and SQL parameter.. there should be a button that allows you to do this, but it doesn't exist.

2: In an "Execute SQL Task", you can't used @ or : named parameters, only ? and $n work.

3: In an "Execute SQL Task", you can't refer to the name of the column in a single row result set, you have to refer to it by index

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 24 Dec 2010 16:37

1 and 3: Have you got any other ADO.NET provider to work properly with these features? I have tried System.Data.SqlClient and obtained the same behaviour. Most probably, the 1st and 3d issues are common limitations for all ADO.NET providers. As I understand, you are using OLE DB provider: http://ssis.wik.is/Understanding_Connec ... T_vs_OLEDB.

2: We will investigate this problem and notify you about the results as soon as possible.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 12 Jan 2011 14:20

We have fixed the bug with named parameters in Data Design Extensibility (DDEX). This fix also resolves the problem with named parameters in SSIS. I will post here when the corresponding build is available for download.