Warning in DataSet

Warning in DataSet

Postby JORGEMAL » Wed 10 Nov 2010 17:54

I wonder if this issue is for you, please evaluate it and let me know.
I am getting a warning in a dataset when building (or Rebuilding) my web site in VS2008 as follows:

"Errors occured while compiling the Xml schemas in the project. Because of this, Xml intellisense is not available."

I have updated my dotConnect for PostgreSQL version several times since I design such a dataset for the first time and actually I am using version 4.95.180. I had not noticed this warning until I uploaded my site to a production server and performed a test. This test did not work so I went to my code and reviewed it to find out what was going on until I noticed that, after rebuilding my site, I got the warning.

I read an article in MSDN about this issue but I did not get very much help, I do not have experience in Xml Schema Definition.
I will appreciate any comment about this issue.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado
JORGEMAL

Postby StanislavK » Thu 11 Nov 2010 13:16

This warning shows that there are some errors in one of the .xsd files of your project. This may be a file containing the schema for one of the data sets used in your application, or some other .xsd file. Please double-click this warning in the Error List window to find the file that causes this problem.

If this is a file with a data set definition, please send us a test project so that we are able to investigate the issue in details. As a workaround, you can also try re-configuring the corresponding data set in your project.
StanislavK
Devart Team

Postby JORGEMAL » Thu 11 Nov 2010 16:13

I am sending the sample web site but I want to let you know the following issues. If I build or rebuild the web site with only the datasets then everything goes fine; however, if I include any other class then I start receiving the warning message. The sample includes some classes that do not have anything to do with the datasets. I performed 2 tests:
1. I "excluded" the extra classes and no warnings were shown.
2. I "included" the extra classes and I got a warning.

Regards,
Jorge Maldonado
JORGEMAL

Postby JORGEMAL » Fri 12 Nov 2010 15:41

I have sent a sample project, please confirm that you received it.

With respect,
Jorge Maldonado
JORGEMAL

Postby StanislavK » Fri 12 Nov 2010 17:28

Thank you for the test project, we will investigate it and inform you about the results.
StanislavK
Devart Team

Postby JORGEMAL » Fri 19 Nov 2010 17:22

Are there any news about this issue?

With respect,
Jorge Maldonado
JORGEMAL

Postby StanislavK » Mon 22 Nov 2010 16:24

We are working on this issue, we will inform you as soon as our investigation is completed.
StanislavK
Devart Team

Postby JORGEMAL » Mon 29 Nov 2010 20:21

I kindly ask you to let me know how you are doing with this issue, something that I can include in a report I have to prepare showing the progress of the project I am working in. I need to explain why I am taking extra time in this part of the web site.

Best regards,
Jorge Maldonado
JORGEMAL

Postby StanislavK » Mon 06 Dec 2010 15:12

Sorry for the delay. We've analyzed the problem with DataSet schema. It is caused by constraints with the same name in different DataSets ('Constraint1' in both dsTicket.xsd and CorteCaja.xsd). Apparently, this is a peculiarity of Visual Studio 2008 Intellisense for Visual Basic projects: we couldn't reproduce the issue with either C# projects or in VB projects under Visual Studio 2010.

To resolve the problem, you can rename Constraint1 in either of these DataSets. The issue should be related to Intellisense only, and should not cause any run-time errors. If you are getting any run-time exceptions, please describe them separately.
StanislavK
Devart Team

Return to dotConnect for PostgreSQL