using dotConnect from c++

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
skuda

using dotConnect from c++

Post by skuda » Wed 08 Sep 2010 22:11

Hello,
i develop in linux usually using qt and pyqt and i am a bit lost in the windows world, sorry, i am trying to create a qt application in windows mobile and i want to connect to Postgresql from it.

I have download dotConnect for Postgresql mobile version but i am unable to make it work, i have registered the assembly and the type library like described here http://www.blong.com/Conferences/BorCon ... op.htm#CCW using "regasm.exe devart.data.postgresql.dll" and later "regasm.exe devart.data.postgresql.dll /tlb" i have tested first with the .dll in folder cf35 and later with the .dll in folder cf20, my windows mobile device have the two .net versions installed.

I try to instatiate an object of the class
Devart.Data.Postgresql.PgSqlConnection but i get this error:

Code: Select all

CoCreateInstance failure (Class not registered)
QAxBase::setControl: requested control {22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95} could not be instantiated
Well the questions are, it is what i am trying to do possible at all?, what should be the correct steps if it is possible? Thanks.

skuda

bump!

Post by skuda » Fri 10 Sep 2010 06:35

Could please anyone from Devart if this is possible at all? i am waiting to know if i would by the product or not and what development libraries i am to use in my project. Thanks.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 10 Sep 2010 15:08

We are analyzing the possibility of exposing the dotConnect for PostgreSQL components to COM clients. We will inform you about the results as soon as possible.

skuda

Thanks

Post by skuda » Fri 10 Sep 2010 15:11

for the reply.