ASP .NET 4 with VS2010 provider problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
hermans

ASP .NET 4 with VS2010 provider problem

Post by hermans » Fri 25 Jun 2010 12:16

I am using ver 4.95 of dotConnect with VS2010. I use the AspNetPgSqlMembershipProvider, AspNetPgSqlRoleProvider and AspNetPgSqlRoleProvider for security. The Web Site admin tool works fine for everything except for users. The moment I ma trying to create a user the following error is diplayed:
What is the resolution to this?
Last edited by hermans on Fri 25 Jun 2010 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

hermans

Post by hermans » Fri 25 Jun 2010 12:20

Apologies the error is as below (ignore previous error message posted)

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: relation "aspnet_membership" does not exist at Devart.Data.PostgreSql.r.c(ad A_0) at Devart.Data.PostgreSql.ad.af() at Devart.Data.PostgreSql.PgSqlCommand.InternalPrepare(Boolean implicitPrepare, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean nonQuery) at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() at Devart.Common.Web.Providers.DbMembershipProvider.a() at Devart.Common.Web.Providers.DbMembershipProvider.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config) at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType)

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 29 Jun 2010 10:43

Among the conditions for the providers to function properly is existence of certain database objects. Before using ASP.NET providers you have to run the script InstallWebTables.sql against database you wish to use. The script can be found in folder \Program Files\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL\. Also please make sure that your user you are using in the connection string has the priviledges to access these database objects. For more information, please refer to our documentation.