PgSqlLoader binary mode wrong datetime values

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
migle

PgSqlLoader binary mode wrong datetime values

Post by migle » Mon 22 Feb 2010 18:46

Hi,

I'm using PgSqlLoader to insert a bunch of data onto a table.
I wanted to user binary mode to insert data, by doing loader.Mode = PgSqlLoaderMode.Binary. However, when I do so, the wrong PgSqlTimeStamp values are written onto the database.

For instance, when using text mode the following timestamp is inserted:

2009-07-24 09:38:39.502291

And when using binary mode, it is the following absurd timestamp which is inserted:

152009-06-25 06:02:22.310949

Please comment,

Miguel

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Tue 23 Feb 2010 15:24

We have reproduced the problem. We will examine it and notify you about the results.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 04 Mar 2010 15:34

We have fixed the problem.

The fix is available in the new 4.90.102 Beta build of dotConnect for PostgreSQL. It can be downloaded from
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... nload.html
(trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only). For more information, please refer to
http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17259 .

migle

Post by migle » Tue 09 Mar 2010 12:17

Let me get this straight: the beta version is useless, right, it only works for 30 days (I tried the 4.85 beta before), the update is only available for users with active subscription?

What's an active subscription? Does that mean my company bought a team license of dotConnect, AS IS, bugs and all?

Because, so far, all I can use is the 4.65 version even though I reported 5 different bugs, including:

- Entity Developer crashes on opening his own file (a three table example was submitted, issue #10041, corrected on beta 4.85).
- The Generate property on navigability properties, when set to false on only one side of the association was not saved (also, reported on #10041, issue was previously known to you, corrected on beta 4.85)
- LINQ to SQL simple code for insertion of associated entities does not work when only one side of the association has navigability problems (reported on #10041, never corrected).
- PgSqlLoader does not correctly serialize date values (this bug), giving the impression that it was never tried with date values, let alone testing.
- And http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17096

And the following, arguably not a bug:

- When XML columns are present on the database the generated LINQ to SQL code does not work (corrected on beta something, also on issue #10041).

Every time a bug is found in your product, serious bugs such as those mentioned, your answer is "corrected on beta XXX". So far, I'm not able to use any of the corrections you made. What are this beta versions good for?

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Thu 11 Mar 2010 08:46

We have already fixed the problem with the Storage attribute for associations, if you mean this problem.
As for the Beta builds, I recommend you to download the versions available in Registered Users Area
(use login and password you have got while purchasing) instead of downloading trial versions.
You are allowed to download all (including Beta) non-trial builds while your subscription is active.

migle

Post by migle » Tue 16 Mar 2010 10:32

I can't reach that. I have acquired dotConnect for PostgreSQL Professional Team Edition through ComponentSource. I received a file which indicates an order reference number and a serial number.
I have registered on the devart website (miguel.ramos * albatroz-eng * com). I can't find a place to put my serial number anywhere and I never found any members download area.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Tue 16 Mar 2010 14:24

Please use Registered Users' Area:
http://secure.devart.com/