dotConnectExpress for Postgre - referenced dll not copied

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
eriego

dotConnectExpress for Postgre - referenced dll not copied

Post by eriego » Thu 17 Dec 2009 08:13

Hi.

I am testing dotConnect Express for Postgre and I have a problem with latest versions of this component.

My application have several projects:
ProjectB.csproj references devart dlls and is configured to copy the dlls
ProjectA.csproj is the main project and references ProjectB.csproj and is configured to copy the dlls

When compiling the solution devart dlls are copied to the output path of project B. Due to the reference from ProjectB to ProjectA, ProjectB.dll and all its references are copied to the output path of ProjectA. So the devart dlls are copied to the output path of the main project.

This works in version 4.55.49, in all posterior versions the devart dlls are not copied to the output path of ProjectA, I must add a reference to the devart dlls.

¿Is this a bug?

Thank you.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 17 Dec 2009 15:29

Please make sure that the Copy Local property of the references to the Devart assemblies (Devart.Data.dll and Devart.Data.PostgreSql.dll) is set to True in your ProjectB.

eriego

Post by eriego » Fri 18 Dec 2009 06:52

Yes, Copy local is enabled.

I only substitute the old devart DLLs by the new versions, the projects are not modified. I clean and I rebuild the solution and the new version of devart dlls are not copied to the output path of the main solution project.

I revert the dlls to the older version, I clean, I rebuild and they are copied.

¿?

Thank you.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 18 Dec 2009 12:28

I cannot reproduce the behaviour when the referenced assemblies from ProjectB with Copy Local=True are copied to the output directory of ProjectA neither with 4.55.49 nor with 4.65.62 versions using Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (only ProjectB.dll is copied to the output of ProjectA when I set an appropriate reference to ProjectB from ProjectA).

Please add the references to the Devart assemblies to your ProjectA and set its Copy Local property to True. Does this resolve the problem?