DEPLOYMENT ISSUE

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
JORGEMAL

DEPLOYMENT ISSUE

Post by JORGEMAL » Fri 11 Dec 2009 16:19

I am in the process of deploying an ASP.NET web application to a server located in my office. I used the Publish Web Site tool in Visual Studio 2008 and the project was transfered without errors. Also, I copied any dll's needed by third party tools and adjusted the web.config file. I generated the App_Licenses.dll to the BIN folder and included DLL's located in the c:\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL and c:\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL\Enterprise Library\Bin installation folders.

My web server has Windows 2003 Server with SP2 and I downloaded .NET Framework 3.5 with all the required updates like SP1 and others that were detected when I checked using the Windows Update service. PostgreSQL was also installed, a tablespace was created and the database I created was restored to the server.

After all this procedure I tested my site from my web navigator and I get an error message like this (I say "like this" because my server is in Spanish language and I am translating):

The .NET Framework data provider was not found. It may not be installed.
I am writing to you because it seems to me that the problem has to do with data access. If not, please let me know so I can search somewhere else.

I include a piece of the exception stack below.

ArgumentException: No se encuentra el proveedor de datos de .Net Framework solicitado. Puede que no esté instalado.]
System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +1310319
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactory() +67
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactorySecure() +22
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.CreateConnection(String connectionString) +11
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +89
Devart.Common.Web.DbSqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +18
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +19

I will very much appreciate your advice.
Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Mon 14 Dec 2009 15:16

Please try adding the following code to the System.Data node of your machine.config file:

Code: Select all

(replace 4.65.57.0 here with your actual version).

For more information, please see the Deployment section in our help:
http://www.devart.com/dotConnect/PostgreSQL/docs/ .