Having trouble calling function in SSIS ExecuteSQLQuery task

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
dborochin

Having trouble calling function in SSIS ExecuteSQLQuery task

Post by dborochin » Tue 10 Nov 2009 00:19

Hello,
I'm having some trouble trying to setup a call to a function on Postgres via the SSIS Execute SQL Query task. Here is the SQL Call:

Code: Select all

select * from object_monitor.register_consumer( 'bidw_monitor', 'bidw_consumer' )
This works 100%, on PGAdminIII.

When I call this in SSIS, I get this error:

Code: Select all

[Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "select * from object_monitor.register_consumer( 'b..." failed with the following error: "Failed to create an IDataAdapter object. This provider may not be fully supported with the Execute SQL Task. Error message 'syntax error at or near "select"'.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 11 Nov 2009 15:33

Please post here the DDL script of your register_consumer function and related database objects. We will try to reproduce the problem.

dborochin

I can post that, but my questions is pretty general.

Post by dborochin » Wed 11 Nov 2009 16:46

This is only a wrapper functions to a whole system residing on postgresql. I don't understand why you need to see the ddl of the function itself. I have no issue in calling the function in PGAdminIII.

Assume I have a function that returns a set of data. When I call this functions, in pgadmin, it returns data. When I call this function in SSIS, via an execute sql query component, it gives me an error.

Here is the ddl:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION object_monitor.register_consumer(p_monitor_name text, p_consumer_name text)
RETURNS SETOF integer AS
$BODY$
-- Subscribe to the monitor
INSERT INTO object_monitor.monitors_consumers
VALUES ( $1, $2 )
;

-- Subscribe to the queues
SELECT * FROM object_monitor.subscribe_consumer( $1, $2 );
$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'sql' VOLATILE SECURITY DEFINER;
ALTER FUNCTION object_monitor.register_consumer(text, text) OWNER TO su;

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 16 Nov 2009 17:08

We will investigate the issue and notify you about the results as soon as possible.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 19 Jan 2010 11:35

Please try the latest 4.65.79 build of dotConnect for PostgreSQL. I cannot reproduce the mentioned problem using this build.